This area offers you a wide variety and possibilities to make your stay unforgettable. For people who enjoy a bit of culture:
- Visit Bruges (15 minutes drive): medieval and scenic provincial city with a wide variety of museums.
- Visit Ieper/Ypres (20 minutes drive): medieval city, well known because of the First World War.
- Visit Diksmuide (20 minutes drive): well known because of the First World War and the Museum onto the Yser river.
- Visit Izegem (10 minutes drive): well known because of the shoe and brushmuseum Eperon d’or and the beer brewery.
- Visit Gent (30 minutes drive, taking the E40 motorway): medieval provincial city with a wide variety of museums.
For people who enjoy some shopping, the cities of Roeselare and Kortrijk are the closest to visit at 10 (Roeselare) and 15 (Kortrijk) minutes. Bruges is also within the vicinity.
For people who enjoy to go cycling, there are many cycling networks in the area:
- The Kapelroute: distance 26 km, with a connection at 500m.
- The Veldroute: distance 36 km, with a connection at approximately 2 km.
- The Wastineroute: distance 53 km, with a connection at approximately 500m.
- The Gitsbergroute: distance 45 km, with a connection at approximately 5km.
We offer a bike rental service: you can rent two bikes at €10/day/bike. For children: At bicycle distance there is a children’s farm in Lichtervelde. At walking distance there is a dairy farm that sells home-made ice cream and it offers a big play area. There are also several amusement parks in the area like Bellewaere in Ieper, Plopsaland and Plopsaqua in De Panne and Boudewijnseapark in Bruges. For people enjoy walking in the green surroundings, de Huwynsbossen at 150 metres will be a interesting discovery. Other possibilities are Ardooieveld in Ardooie (10 minutes drive) or Bulskampveld in Beernem (20 minutes drive). The Heuvelland and the Westhoek area both offer splendid views and are only half an hour away by car.
For people who want to enjoy the seaside, driving 25 minutes will lead you to Oostende. There is a seaside route that connects many coastal cities like Nieuwpoort, Oostduinkerke, Koksijde, Knokke and the Panne. Paying a visit to these cities will help you to discover the Belgian coast! Knokke also offers a nature reserve, open to hikers or people enjoying a nice walk.